Mech Tech Professionals are currently recruiting for a Piping Supervisor to be based in Hull.
Supervisor – Those persons directly supervising work activities. They are the front line supervisors with direct responsibility for putting people to work and will typically brief their workers on how to carry out their work and ensure that they are carrying out their work safely
- Implementation of Bilfinger UK HSEQ guidelines and standards
- Supervisors play a key role in the health and safety of any contract
- Participate in weekly site HSE audits/tours as needed
- Develop, implement and monitor the Safe Systems of Work that we use
- Ensure excellent level of housekeeping is maintained; ensure all areas are free from potential hazards (Waste, Slips, and Trips & Falls etc.)
- Conducting a daily “Tool Box Talk” to all workers
- Prepare a daily report to the works manager (Progress & Fabrication issues and delays)
- Ability to prepare As-built drawings for final fabrication.
- Determine technical requirements to achieve objectives together with resource requirements.
- Ensure up to date drawings and work instructions are in use and all superseded documents are removed from the workshop
- Raise and prepare NCR’s and “Early Warnings” and advise WM/QCL of any significant delays during the fabrication phase.
- Proactively intervene in the event of deviations from security policies, project scope, costs, deadlines, or other events affecting the project
- Adherence to planned deadlines and costs and setting up, updating and monitoring a schedule
- Detect deviations from the scope or the schedule
- Contribute to continuous improvement by providing suggestions and feedback to Management team
- Compilation and handover of the documentation of the fabrication process
- They have responsibility to check that adequate controls are in place to reduce risk
- They must supervise your workforce and escalate issues to the Works Manager as appropriate
- They must complete trade assessments for all personnel under their supervision
- Competent in Microsoft Excel, Word, Piping Manager (Bilfinger-Software package), Share point, and Bilfinger (BET) IMS for ISO 9001.
- Ability to operate “Piping Manager” software programme (Training will be given)
- Ability to read and comprehend isometric drawings to the necessary standard.
- Experience working in a supervisory role.
- Experience working in a fabrication workshop
- An understanding of the Quality management system and its operation.
- An understanding of non-conformance procedures and mitigation exercises within the quality system.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Social competence, confident handling of blue-collar personnel, working with staff and customers
- Good knowledge of MS-Office
Please apply on the link below