Mech Tech Professionals are currently recruiting for a QAQC Inspector to be based in Hull.
To inspect and complete pre-and post-inspections as required and to ensure that all contract documentation and plans are being followed in order to maintain full compliance to the contract requirements.
To ensure that quality control systems are, communicated, applied and remain effective to provide ‘right first time’ products and services to satisfy business and customer expectations, ensuring quality, reliability and performance standards is maintained, whilst supporting the project team in all aspects relating to quality inspections flagging issues and raising non-conformances within the companies reporting software.
- Follow Quality Plans, ITP plans and supporting QA documentation.
- Work in line with relevant engineering technical standards and ISO drawings.
- Inspect against the project Inspection and Test Plans ensuring all documents are completed
- Responsible for inspection of, but not limited to: pipework, steelwork, coatings, insulation etc.
- To ensure full utilisation of internal reporting systems to capture all quality related data, such as audit findings, non-conformities, observations, improvement opportunities
- To promote a Right first time approach to quality and Safety.
- Liaise with Client’s QA departments to ensure transparency and open communication
- Actively promote and encourage a Continuous improvement philosophy.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Good working knowledge and demonstrable skills required for inspection of Pipework, (Tie ins) steelwork coating and insulation.
- Development of project QA documentation (Quality Plans, ITPs etc) and review of supplier QA documentation.
- Knowledge and experience of Quality Management Systems in a regulated environment such as construction, petrochemical, aerospace etc.
- The ability to understand and interpret ISO Management System Standards, technical drawings and specifications.
- Computer literate; knowledge of Microsoft Office suite essential
- Good communication and report writing skills
- +3 years’ experience working in a highly regulated industry (petrochemical /Oil & Gas/Aviation, Construction)
- Welding knowledge- CSWIP 3.1
If you are interested in this role please apply for further details