Mech Tech Professionals are currently recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to be based in Hull.
Reporting directly to the Head of Commercial for Projects, Engineering and Automation and being responsible for delivering best in class contract controls, coupled with P&L performance across the Projects, which has designated multi-disciplinary services. Accountable for the commercial and cost management of a project or programme of the project from inception to close out, ensuring that maximum efficiencies are obtained and full compliance with all governance procedures is achieved. Will also work closely with Technical, Project Management and Project Controls teams.
- Provide accurate live forecasting taking into account the project programme and reporting in accordance with the respective SAP accounts. Account needs to be made of internal resource charges, subcontract spend, procurement and other associated costs.
- Ensure SAP accurately reflects project and framework contract status in terms of actual and forecast revenue, costs, work in progress (WIP) and obligations.
- Making sure actual costs are properly monitored and assessed against the baseline estimate, in particular, all site costs including direct labour, plant & materials, all management bookings and challenge any variance to the plans.
- Robust project controls and accurate reporting of progress/work done, estimated costs-to-complete and factor in all contractors responsibilities,
- NEC3/4 Contract administration including the creation of early warnings, payment certificates, compensation event notifications and quotations, whilst also providing suitable responses as required to client-created communications.
- Have demonstrable experience of using electronic contract administration systems (Fastdraft, CEMAR, Conject, Aconex.)
- Ensuring that proper records are kept so that all financial information for audits and cost assurance is readily available.
- Ensuring robust estimates and quotations are provided that are aligned to scope and makes due allowance for all risks and opportunities.
- Alignment to the overall commercial strategy to ensure goals, targets and objectives are delivered.
- Making sure any withheld, disputed or disallowed costs are reported to the Project Manager and Project Board, whilst making sure any inadmissible costs are not included within the project/programme costs.
- Actively participate in Contract Reviews and/or Project Boards.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Financial & Commercial experience of projects and/or term contracts
- Must have contract administration experience working with NEC3/4 suite of contracts;
- Experience of dealing with multidisciplinary operational and project teams
- 5+ years’ experience working within a contracting or customer commercial role
- Commercial Management / Quantity Surveying Degree
- Membership of professional body e.g RICS (preferred)
Please apply if you feel you have the qualifications for this role