Mech Tech Professionals are currently recruiting for a Welding Engineer.
The Welding Engineer prepares the work pack qualification requirements/specifications for the Welding team and will then oversee the completion of these activities.
- Reporting to the Project Manager / Fabrication Shop Manager is primarily responsible for WPQR creation and testing;
- PWPS, test pieces procurement & machining, technique development, PWHT & Mechanical testing;
- WPS creation;
- Post Weld Heat Treatment procedure creation;
- Weld repair;
- Implementing new technology/welding processes to aid in improving production.
- Provides technical input to the welding team.
- Involved in the training of the welding team on new techniques and processes or managing change to design.
- Involved in the evaluation of metal and problem solving techniques to overcome issues with the design drawings or work pack requirements.
- Overseeing the machinery used by the welding team including calibration, testing the performance and condition of installed mechanical equipment.
- Attend training & education events including seminar to understand the latest developments in welding to apply to the project
- Ensure all the welding team follow’s strict health and safety policy and procedures.
- Support training and education of apprentices.
- Completes any other duties as assigned by the Fabrication Shop Manager.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Certified international welding technician IWT / EWT or international welding engineer IWE / EWT (Desirable) or Alternatively a well skilled international welding specialist IWS / EWS
- CSWIP-3.1 certificate (Essential)
- PCN level 2 for rad interpretation and PCN level 2 VT for visual testing (desirable)
Please apply today if you are interested in this role.